4.22.2013

Investment 100 - Spend or Save: Shoe Theory



When I first saw these shoes pop up at Anthropologie I immediately wanted them; they are so unique, come in a gorgeous colour and they aren't sky high. Upon researching further I found a very, and I mean very, similar pair at Ruche for under half the price. This brought me to ask myself which to buy, the ones I originally fell for or the very similar pair at a fraction of the price.


What do you think, would you spend or save?


Find the shoes here:

2 comments:

  1. I would probably save. Who's to say that Anthropologie's will last longer just because of the brand slapped on it. I bought a pair of Forever21 booties for less than $30, then found the exact same pair at Urban Outfitters for double that! (I've known UO to have cheaply made stuff, so why pay more there when you can get the same at F21?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn Dennis4/29/2013

    If the less expensive pair fits well and is comfortable then I'd go with those. However, if the more expensive ones fit better and are more comfortable, then they would be worth the extra expense. A less expensive shoe is still a waste of money if you can't wear them and they sit in your closet. Shoes are the one thing I would say spend a little more and get the shoe that will work best for your feet. Almost nothing spoils a look more than a gal hobbling around clearly uncomfortable in her shoes!....okay...maybe one thing is worse....strapless anything that requires constant yanking upward so it doesn't slip down and expose the "ladies".

    ReplyDelete